Client safety remains DACS' number one priority and we are leading the way in COVID-19 infection control. All personnel receive pre-service screening and training based on the latest government health and infection control advice.
Government advice is for older Australians to keep up their regular home care and health care. This is just as important as protecting themselves from coronavirus.
As a registered COVID SAFE business, DACS follows the most reliable and up-to-date medical advice to protect its much-valued clientele and staff from COVID-19.
DACS is working closely with clients, their families and carers to ensure everyone remains comfortable with their home care service throughout the COVID 19 pandemic.
Any DACS aged care workers visiting client homes are taking all necessary measures to ensure clients stay safe. This includes following advice from Australia’s Chief Medical Officer about when to use protective equipment. Any DACS aged care worker displaying symptoms of COVID-19 is not allowed to work - and just to be sure, workers with symptoms are being tested.
To find out more about COVID-19 please phone the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080 or go to www.health.gov.au.
With frequent new COVID-19 vaccine developments, it's normal for people to have questions, and possibly feel unsure about getting a vaccine. To support you and those around you to make an informed decision, you can access accurate, evidence-based information on the Department of Health's website.
Provides clear information addressing common questions and concerns, and separating misinformation from the facts. This resource includes evidence-based responses to a broad range of question including:
- Is it true? Were COVID-19 vaccines developed too quickly to be safe?
- Is it true? Can COVID-19 vaccines connect me to the internet?
- Is it true? Do COVID-19 vaccines cause infertility?
- Is it true? Can COVID-19 vaccines alter my DNA?
- Is it true? Is the vaccine rollout a cover to collect DNA?
- Is it true? Do I have to pay for the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Is it true? Were COVID-19 vaccines rushed through approvals or given emergency use authorisations in Australia?